Project 3 Part 1- Project Prep: Psychogeographic Walk + Documentation

1. I took a picture of this building because the whiteness was emanating light and drew me into it. All around was darkness and there was steam coming from the pipes making it seem warm and I gravitated toward it. The size also drew me in because the surrounding buildings seemed really small in its presence. I think these factors drew me in because of the conditions of outside: cold and dark.
  2. I gravitated to this building because of the glow that the lamp was emitting into the dark ambiance.  It looked like something that was other timely and created different experience that I wanted to find out more. The way the light bounced off the column as well, drew me in to this building.
  3. This was the foreign language building and I was drawn in because of the architecture being an upside down pyramid. The way the light pored out of the windows was intriguing as well.
  4. This was the stair well that was under lit from the railings that provided a glow that drew me to this side of the street on my path. This gave me inviting vibes but also in a creepy way because I didn’t know where it led and it gave me “you might get abducted” vibes.
  5. Foellinger intrigued me because the green roof looked like it was in the color scheme of underwater. This landmark on my map was the one that truly took me out of the mindset of “I need to get from point A to point B” and I just enjoyed the feelings this provided me.
  6. number 6 is a picture that Manya took of me by a lamp that reminded us of a candle that someone in the olden days would use in there house at night. It made me happy to think of this on our path because it reminded me of warmth and I shared the memory with friends.
  7. This picture on our path reminded me of a storybook and intrigued me to go in through this path because of how the trees were hanging over the sidewalk. It had a glow and a fall smell to it that gravitated us this way.
  8. The tower in the back of this picture took us in this path because it looked like a castle. The castle was taller than the rest of the buildings and stood out in that way as well.

The last picture is of the mathematical model that I connected to the most and felt represented my personality. I noticed that it was more simple in the way that it didn’t have many intricate lines or patterns and was overwhelmingly smooth.  I felt that even though it was small, it had a lot to say and I think that speaks to my personality. I am very extroverted and have things to say on everything but I feel that I present in a small way when one simply looks at me. I tend not to come across in a very front stage way in most circumstances and I think that plays a role in the size of the model that I chose. The smoothness and marbled look showed that it was different and I think that my personality is different from others in the sense that I’m not rough around the edges and will talk to anyone. After the fact I noticed that it was in the shape of a lemon and I thought of the “when life gives you lemons” quote, so now i’m calling myself a lemon of a personality.